VAT setting for sellers located in the European Union and Norway is located in My Store Settings. This setting is optional and BrickLink does not investigate whether sellers should charge VAT to their buyers. The EU and Norway settings work the same way with the following 2 exceptions:
Sellers located in the European Union - The setting shows in your store settings if you are located in the European Union and if your base store currency is your country's local currency. If you turn on the setting, prices shown to buyers located inside the European Union include VAT, outside the European Union excluding VAT.
Sellers located in Norway - The setting shows in your store settings if you are located in Norway and if your base store currency is the Norwegian Kroner (NOK). If you turn on the setting, prices shown to buyers located in Norway include VAT, outside Norway excluding VAT.
The buyer's country is determined in the following order:
- Country of shipping address if the buyer is logged in
- Country of IP address if the buyer is not logged in
- If the system is unable to determine the buyer's country, prices are shown excluding VAT and VAT may be added on checkout after the buyer logs in if applicable based on the country of the buyer's shipping address.
If you turned on the VAT setting, your base prices must include VAT. VAT is excluded from your prices using the following formula: Price / (1 + (VAT Percentage * 0.01)). Prices excluding VAT are rounded to 5 decimals. The VAT setting assumes that all items in your store include the standard VAT rate in your country. This means that items with no VAT rate and items with a reduced VAT rate can't be sold in a VAT enabled store.
- VAT ID - Your VAT ID is displayed on your store terms page and on the order detail screen.
- VAT Percentage - BrickLink stores VAT percentages but does not monitor changes in VAT percentages so you will need to Contact BrickLink to change the VAT percentage if it changes.
Orders - In your Store
Settings below the VAT setting, you can select if your
shipping costs, insurance, additional charges 1 & 2 and
credit that you enter on your Orders
Received page after an order is submitted for applicable
buyers includes VAT. These settings are saved in each order
and you can optionally change these settings for each order on
the edit order page (the edit order page is accessible by
clicking on the my note on order/edit order icon on your
orders received page). VAT amount is shown on the order detail
screen and calculated based on the order total minus coupon
credit plus any of these 5 additional fields if you selected
that they should also include VAT. VAT amount, gross grand
total including VAT and net grand total excluding VAT are
shown in the Order
Enter shipping, insurance, additional charges and credit amounts including VAT for orders including VAT if you charge VAT on any of these additional expenses/discounts and excluding VAT on orders excluding VAT.
You can include or exclude VAT on an existing order by checking the VAT checkbox on your Orders Received page next to each order. If the VAT checkbox is checked, order prices and totals include VAT and if it is unchecked, VAT is excluded from order prices. Using this checkbox to include or exclude VAT from an existing order does not change shipping costs, insurance, additional charges and credit that you entered after the order is submitted, so these must be reentered including or excluding VAT manually. This setting is only available on new orders that you received after turning on the VAT setting in your store settings.
- Price Guide - Items including VAT are shown and included in averages gross (including VAT) when shown to buyers and sellers to whom the VAT applies and net (excluding VAT) when shown to buyers and sellers to whom the VAT does not apply.
- Wanted List - Wanted list notifications sent to buyers to whom VAT applies include VAT, to whom VAT does not apply excluding VAT.
- BrickLink Fees -
VAT enabled stores are charged a BrickLink fee based on the
sum of order net prices:
SUM of (price of each item in order after sale / (1 + (VAT Percentage * 0.01)) * store currency to USD exchange rate).